Skip to content
- A list of resources for personal health and wellness, maintained by MIT Student Resources.
- Physical and mental health care, by MIT Medical
MIT Medical offers comprehensive, high-quality physical and mental health care. Students, affiliates, staff, faculty, and post-doctoral fellows all have convenient, on-campus access to more than 25 clinical services and medical specialties, each delivered by highly qualified physicians, nurse practitioners, psychologists, physician assistants, social workers, and other health care professionals.
- Student Mental Health and Counseling Service
In addition, MIT Medical’s Mental Health and Counseling Service works with everyone in the MIT community to identify, understand, and solve problems. They offer brief treatment (counseling/psychotherapy and medication), referrals to non-MIT Medical clinicians, and urgent care.
- Let’s Chat program (consultation without appointments)
Students can also receive a free, informal, and confidential consultation without an appointment using the Let’s Chat program every Tuesday–Friday from 1–3 p.m.
- If you are worried about a friend, colleague, or student, MIT Medical also offers comprehensive advice on how to tell if someone you know might be struggling, and how you can help.
- Health and wellness habits, by Community Wellness
Community Wellness at MIT Medical provides resources for the entire MIT community to help build healthy habits.
They cover topics including fitness, sleep, stress reduction and relaxation, sexual health, and healthy eating.
- Alcohol and other drug abuse
If you or someone you know may be dealing with issues related to alcohol and other drug abuse, stress, and violence, MIT Division of Student Life offers resources for intervention, education, and prevention.